There are numerous ways to define space science. It could be the study of concerns particularly related to space travel, space exploration, and even space medicine; science carried out in outer space; the study of everything in outer space.It gives human beings a hint of inspiration/aspiration and attempts to make us look outwards from our planet, towards the stars and everything beyond them. We study and analyze alien worlds to place our own in a certain context. Space science focuses on understanding the Earths relationship with the other planets, a crucial stepping stone for reaching out and exploring those beyond the universe.Space science covers important questions raised by many of us out there. Even the study of space medicine comes under space science. Anatomy is the study of anything which is in outter space. These questions include:
- How our Earth as well as Solar System evolved
- Where we are in the Universe
- Where we are headed
- Where life came from, and if we are alone in the universe
The analysis of the Sun has become an increasingly important object in which we reflect our analysis of Earths constantly changing climate. Its light helps maintain our worlds temperature, as well as generates a magnetic field that protects our world from harmful cosmic rays coming from the far ends of space. It influences our day to day lives and cant be overstated. The origin of the Universe itself is an issue that is debatable immensely. The night sky would glow with the very first light ever released into space if we could witness microwaves. This was introduced by the Big Bang -an event in which the universe was known to be created by. Studying about this discloses not only the origin of the universe but also answers how it will end. It could inform us about whether the universe will expand indefinitely or subside in on itself, many millions of years from now.
Types of Spaces Sciences
- Stellar astronomy - This is a form that involves the study of stars.
- Solar astronomy - The study of our sun is also a form of this discipline.
- Planetary science - The study of planets, particularly those other than Earth, are a part of space science.
- Galactic astronomy - The study of our Milky Way Galaxy comes under space science as well.
- Extragalactic astronomy - Not only does the milky way galaxy come under space science, but the study of the universe beyond the Milky Way galaxy is an area under it as well.
- Physical cosmology - Space science includes the study of the foundation, large-scale composition, and space-time relationships of the universe as well.
Space science can also be divided according to the approach. These divisions include:
- Observational astronomy - Space observatories and Observatories on the ground that take measurements of celestial entities and phenomena. It can be divided into the following :
- Astrometry: It studies the place and movements of various celestial objects.
- Amateur astronomy: It is observing the space from the backyard. This is amateur hobby to learn about space.
- Theoretical astronomy - Theoretical astronomy involves the mathematical modeling of different celestial entities and phenomena.
There are a number of areas very close to space science. They are:
- Space exploration
- Space colonization
- Commercialization of space
- Space warfare
- Asteroid-impact avoidance
- Space law
- Remote sensing
Where to study
For those who have the zeal to study in dept in this area, here are some of the best colleges in the world:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT),
- Harvard University
- University of Oxford
- The École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich
- The University of Tokyo.
Where to study
There are numerous jobs available for those interested in majoring in this field. Few of them are:
- Research Space Scientist
- Supervisory Research Physical Scientist
- Physical Security Specialist
- Operations Research Analyst
- Engineering Technician (Aerospace)
It can clearly be seen that this field has endless prospects for growth. It is an area where discoveries are constantly made, causing the curiosity of mankind to be as alive as ever!