Operations is an area of management that deals with overseeing, designing, as well as controlling the process of production and redesigning various business operations in the production of goods/services. Operations includes the responsibility of making sure that businessoperations are efficient and use as few resources as required, and are effective in meeting customer requirements. Operations are concerned with managing the procedure that converts inputs into outputs. Operations are a field concerned with managing/directing the physical and/or technical aspects of an enterprise or organization, especially those related to manufacturing,production and development. The programs typically contain instructions in:
- Operations programs contain the principles of general management.
- Operations programs contain the manufacturing and production systems.
- Operations programs contain plant management.
- Operations programs contain equipment maintenance management.
- Operations programs contain the production control.
- Operations programs contain the industrial labor relations and skilled trades supervision.
- Operations programs contain strategic manufacturing policy.
- Operations programs contain The systems analysis.
- Operations programs contain productivity analysis and cost control.
- Operations programs contain materials planning.
Operations popular articles:
Operations are similar to engineering as it blends art with applied science.Operations require qualities such as people skills, rational analysis, creativity, knowledge of technology, etc for success in this discipline. In 1911 the notable publication "The Principles of Scientific Management" was done by Frederick Taylor. The way he characterizes operations in it is:
- Operations include the advancement of a true science.
- Operations include the scientific selection of the employee or worker.
- Operations include the scientific education and development of the employee or worker.
- Operations include The intimate and/or close, friendly, cooperation that is undertaken between the management and the employees/workers.
Top Universities for Operations:
Journals are majorly published across world reputed universities. Some of the best universities offeringjournals on operations are:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Purdue University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Michigan â?? Ann Arbor
- Ohio State University â?? Columbus
- University of Texas - Austin
- University of California â?? Berkeley
- Indiana University
- University of North Carolina