Healthcare science, also famous as medical science, is a collection of applied sciences applying portions of natural science or formal science.Together medical & health scienceincrease knowledge, interventions, and technology tomake use ofhealthcare or public health. Some disciplines like clinical Will senepidemiology, genetic epidemiology, medical microbiology, clinical virology, and biomedical engineering are medical& health science. Clearing up physiological mechanisms working in pathological processes,pathophysiology can be regarded as fundamental science.
Determinants Of Health
Many factors unite together to influence the health of individuals and communities. Whether inhabitants are suited or not is determined by their conditions and environment. To a great extent, factors like where we survive, the state of our surroundings, inheritance, our earnings and education level, our interaction with friends and family etc. have significant impacts on health. Whereas the more frequently considered factors such as admission and make use of of health care services have less impact.
The determinants of health comprise social and economic environment,physical environment, persons individual characteristics and behaviors.Individuals are improbable to be able to openly control lots ofthe determinants of health. The perspective ofpeople life style decides their health, and so blaming persons for having poor fitness or crediting them for excellent health that is unsuitable.
Factors For Making People Healthy
The factors effecting people health are as follows-
- Income and social status
- Education, Physical environment
- Employment and working conditions
- Social support networks
- Personal behavior and coping skills
- Health services
Advantages Of Medical Science:
Researches in medical& health science have benefited human being enormously. Medical science gives remedies, cures and safeguards man in opposition to a variety of diseases. Unlike countries have diverse systems of medicine. Today Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Acupressure etc. are becoming admired. Diseases such as cholera, polio, malaria, pox etc. have nearly been eradicated. Once measured not curable, diseases such as cancer and tuberculosis can be cured now. Organ transplants, brain surgeries, make use of artificial limbs and various organs, cloning and genetic engineering can be done effortlessly. Medical science also lays importance on hygiene and a balanced diet. It has its pessimistic sides also but those can be taken concern of. In reality, medical science has completed life healthier, happier and longer than previous.
Roles Within Healthcare Science
There are at least 45 various specializations within healthcare science, which are usually grouped into three main categories:
- Specialismrelating life sciences
- Specialismrelating physiological science
- Specialismrelating medical physics or bioengineering
Life sciences specialism
The life sciences specialism involves Analytical toxicology, Anatomical pathology, Blood transfusion science, cervical cytology, Clinical biochemistry, Clinical immunology,Clinical embryology, External quality assurance,Electron microscopy, Hematology, Haemostasis and thrombosis, Histocompatibility and immune genetics, Histo and cytopathology, Molecular and cytogenetics, Microbiology including mycology, Phlebotomy, Tissue Banking/transplant and Virology.
Physiological science specialism
The Physiological science specialism involves Audiology and Hearing Therapy, Autonomic neurovascular function, Cardiac physiology, Clinical perfusion, Critical care science, Gastrointestinal physiology, Neurophysiology, Ophthalmic and vision science, Respiratory and sleep physiologyand urological measurement and Vascular science.
Physics and bioengineering specialism in medical & health science
The Physics and bioengineering specialism involves Biomechanical engineering, Biomedical engineering, Clinical engineering, Clinical measurement, Diagnostic radiology including MRI, Equipment management, maxillofacial prosthetics, Medical electronics, Medical engineering design, Medical illustration and clinical photography, Non-ionizing radiation, Nuclear medicine, Radiopharmacy, Radiation protection and monitoring, Radiotherapy physics, Rehabilitation engineering, Renal technology and science and Ultrasound.
List of colleges and universities that offervarious courses in medical & health sciences
- ChalmedaAnandRao Institute of Medical Sciences, Karimnagar, AP.
- Gandhi Govt Medical College, AP.
- Siddhartha Govt Medical College,AP.
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa,AP.
- Prathima College of Medical Sciences, KarimNagar,AP.
- Kurnool Medical College,AP
- Andhra Govt Medical College,AP.
- Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Guwahati, ASSAM.
- Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH), Dibrugarh, ASSAM.
- Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH), Silchar, ASSAM.
- Jorhat Medical College And Hospital (JMCH),Jorhat, ASSAM.
- Tezpur Medical College And Hospital, ASSAM.
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College, Barpeta, ASSAM.
- Jai Prakash Narayan All India Institute of Medical Sciences,Patna
- Patna Medical College and Hospital, patna
- Nalanda Medical College, patna
- S.K.Medical College, Muaffarpur, patna
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, patna
- Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, patna.
- Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital, patna
- Nalanda Medical College, patna